Avril's Weird, Queer, Awesome Video
By Matthew Breen
Following a week in which music releases have been the biggest entertainment stories, the news just keeps on coming. Lady Gaga may have made the most frenetic, image-loaded video in memory, but Avril Lavigne’s new video for potty-mouthed single “Rock N Roll” features a drunk driving Doberman, a lobster with a switchblade, Billy Zane in Raiders of the Lost Arc gear (and on a rocket-powered segway) and a makeout session with Danicka McKellar (“Winnie Cooper” from The Wonder Years, looking hot and Mad-Max-y at age 38). Avril calls her “Winnie” in a Wonder Years voice-over shout out. Key Winne Cooper line, following Doberman car crash: “No one could lick his own balls quite like he could.”
The song is only questionably in the rock-n-roll genre (though there's a driving chant reminiscent of a Joan Jett and the Backhearts riff), as Avril is probably a bit more pop than she will cop to. No matter. The video is rock-n-roll.
It’s got a “mother f***ing bearshark.”
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Out Exclusives - Gay People, Actors, Breaking News
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans