1. Pink News reports that Daniel Radcliffe is being considered for the part of Freddie Mercury in an upcoming Queen biopic. Sacha Baron Cohen, famous for playing Ali G, Borat, and Brüno, was first considered for the role but quit after clashing with surviving members of the band over the script.
2. The Finnish Parlement will consider legalizing same-sex marriage after a petition racked up 162,000 signatures in favor of the issue. According to Gay Star News, The Tahdon2013 (I Do 2013) campaign released a poll saying that 54% of Finns surveyed support same sex marriage while 34% oppose. Fingers crossed.
3. Miley Cyrus must have bumped her head and started thinking she was “Street Walker # 3” from The Fifth Element, because she wore this to the iHeartRadio music festival in Las Vegas…ether that or this is proper Vegas attire. It’s kind of a toss up.
4. Despite sharing a timeslot with the penultimate episode of Breaking Bad, the Emmy’s drew its biggest audience eight years, with almost 18 million viewers. The downside: everybody thought it sucked.
5. Rihanna took a selfie and got two Thai poachers got arrested. According to Billboard, Ri-Ri took the Instagram pic with a slow loris—an endangered primate akin to the lemur and native to Southeast Asia—and unwittingly tipped off the cops. The 20-year-old man and 16-year-old boy have been arrested for possession of a protected animal. The creatures are often kept illegally and used as props for tourist photos. The two poachers face up to 4 years in prison and a fine of 40,000 Baht (about $1,300).
6. Do you know what Cher did today? She performed on the Today Show. How did she get there? On the back of a NYPD motorcycle, ‘cause the lady knows how to make an entrance. Then what’d she do? She sat down with semi-professional lushes Hota Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford and was awesome. The diva of all divas sang "Woman’s World", "I Hope You Find It" (a Miley cover), and "Believe." Check out her rendition of “Believe” below.