10 Hikes And Sights Outside Las Vegas
By Andrew Belonsky
A moderate 6.3 mile hike in Red Rock Canyon, the Las Vegas Overlook loop can't be beat when it comes to looking down on Sin City, but turn around and you'll see real splendor in the canyon's cardinals and pinks.
Or, if you're not in the mood to hoof it over limestone, there's also a Cowboy Trails horseback tour that will let a beast do the work for you, just like the wranglers of yore.
Eagle eyed hikers should keep an eye out for sea shell imprints left over from when the entire state was submerged under water.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It