WATCH: Bill Maher Says Atheism 'The New Gay Marriage'...
By Out.com Editors
1. Activists from Minnesota's chapter of the National Organization for Women are upset over a pro-equality PAC's decision to back all candidates who supported same-sex marriage. According to them, their wide acceptance of these lawmakers doesn't take anti-abortion activism into consideration. "[Minnesotans United PAC] will be providing funding to several legislators who have a history of voting for anti-choice legislation," said NOW Minnesota president Sarah Jane Johnston.
2. The Pakistan government shut down that nation's first gay website, QueerPK.com. According to the government, the content, none of which is sexual, is "forbidden." The site's founder, who wishes to remain anonymous because homosexuality remains illegal in Pakistan, balked at the "f-word:" "Our website does not contain any explicit or offensive content so the PTA [Pakistan's Telecommunication Authority] decision to close down the website without any notice is unconstitutional and opposes freedom of speech,."
3. Sixty U.S. Representatives, mostly Republicans, are backing a bill to "protect" religious conservatives's right to refuse service to gay people. "his bill affirms that a person’s religious belief in the importance of natural marriage should be treated with tolerance and respect by the federal government," said an activist from the anti-gay Family Research Council, which pushed the bill through.
4. Multiple LGBT activists were arrested during a protest outside the Winter Olympics Games's headquarters in Sochi, Russia, where any and all pro-equality rhetoric is met with an iron fist.
5. Here's the entire first episode of Showtime's new show The Masters of Sex, about the early sex researchers Dr. William Masters and Virginia Johnson.
6. Bill Maher believes that atheism will become "the new gay marriage" as more nonbelievers "come out of the closet."