Marc Jacobs Leaves Louis Vuitton
By Julien Sauvalle
It's the end of an era at Louis Vuitton. After 16 years at the creative helm of the French luxury brand, Marc Jacobs is leaving.
Bernard Arnault, the CEO of LVMH, announced yesterday that Jacobs would withdraw from his post as creative director of Louis Vuitton to work on making his eponymous label public, reports WWD. The designer is preparing for the eventual IPO of the Marc Jacobs brand.
The report confirms months of speculation on Jacobs's departure. According to the rumors already circulating in the fashion industry, Nicolas Ghesquière, the former creative director of Balenciaga, is the potential front-runner to replace Jacobs.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling