Mike Ruiz Collaborates with J Cheikh on Menswear Line
By Daniel Tehrani
Celebrity photographer Mike Ruiz has started his own capsule collection with Chicago-based label J Cheikh. The collection features all the ornate—yet macho—flair that Ruiz has made his signature (and some may remember when he was a member of Logo's A-List). Classic suits get the Ruiz treatment: splashed with polka dots, buffed to a high shine in metallic blue, or dipped in brilliant crimson. The collection of holiday party-ready, novelty blazers peaks with "The Ian," a particularly extravagant pearl-colored piece with a dusting of sparkle on the edges of the lapel.
The collection also features offerings like super-baggy harem pants and printed tank tops, which may be casual but still feature the photographer's taste for spicing up menswear. It was that same intent to bring fun to menswear's often stale uniform that brought Ruiz and the four-year-old brand together, Ruiz said: "When the opportunity was presented to collaborate with J.Cheikh on a capsule collection, I didn't hesitate. They are a fresh and courageous young brand unafraid to take risks in the monotonous world of men's fashion. We have created an exciting collection that I am very much looking forward to wearing and launching in New York.”
The Collection is available now at Any Old Iron, 140 Orchard St, in New York City. Watch a video below:
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend