Trend Alert: Rapping About Anna Wintour
By Out.com Editors
We don't need to tell you that fashion and music make perfect bedfellows—you can see it for yourself everywhere you look. Example: hot on the heels of Nicki Minaj's song wherein she reminisces about the magic of attending Oscar de la Renta's Fashion Week show—including a shout out to Vogue's Anna Wintour—Kanye West's latest single, Theraflu, boasts of his relationship with fashion's premiere powerbroker. "Dinner with Anna Wintour," he brags before going on to mention that he was, "racin' with [model] Anja Rubik." Later in the ditty, he also makes a reference to the most noteworthy item from his poorly received debut fashion collection: the shoes, which were made in collaboration with Giuseppe Zanotti. "Six thousand-dollar pair of shoes, we made it to the Paris news," the musician exclaims. We wonder what Ms. Wintour's thoughts are on her name suddenly becoming common parlance in hip hop lyrics—especially West's—considering her comment (or lack thereof, rather, which is ultimately more telling, really) on his spring 2012 collection. Oh, and while we're on the topic of Mr. West, rumor has it that he's now dating Kim Kardashian (somehow, that cosmically seemed meant to be). You can listen to the song on Perez Hilton's website here.
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Sam Champion Receives Emotional Good Morning America Send-Off