1. Openly gay NBA player, Jason Collins will play his first home game tonight. According to Joe My God, an inside source told the AP that Jason Collins is likely to get his second 10-day contract. Collins’ first contract, which he signed February 23, is running out and after this second contract, if the Brooklyn Nets decide to keep him on, he will probably get a season long contract. Ally Hudson Taylor reiterated the rumor on his Twitter.
@kewlsocr I heard on Wednesday they will be extending another 10 day contract.
— Hudson Taylor (@hudsonism) March 4, 2014
2. According to The Atlantic Wire, Jack Evans and George Harris bucked Texas law and the rules of the Methodist Church and were married by United Methodist Reverend Bill McElvaney in the Lonestar State. The couple, 84 and 80 respectively, were married this Saturday in front of hundreds of people. The couple has been together for over 50 years. As of the time of publication, Evans adn Harris' marriage is not recognized by the state of Texas.
3. Chinese officials say they have apprehended the remaining suspects from this weekend’s massacre in a Kunming train station. According to The Guardian, the authorities have rounded up the four remaining suspects from Saturday’s attack, which took the lives of 29 people and injured 143 more. The assailants—six men and two women—are believed to be Uighur separatists. Uighurs are a Turkic-speaking ethnic minority from East Turkestan, many of whom complain that their culture and religion are suppressed. The four other assailants were killed by police on Saturday.
4. Variety reports that last night’s Oscars drew the largest audience in 10 years.
5. Somebody came up with an app that helps you have a 3-way, and we thank for it. 3nder—pronounced “threender”—promises “threesomes made easy.” The app, helps Ménage à Trois minded singles and couples find each other. Besides being a godsend for people tired of using Craigslist to make it happen, 3nder is LGBTQ inclusive. Genderwise you can identify as male, female, or other and sexual preferences include gay, bisexual, lesbian, and queer. Yeah they also list transgender as sexual preference, but hey it’s a step in a positive direction.
6. The video for Shura’s “Touch” features some really intense Sapphic (lady-on-lady) make out seshes…oh and the song is absolutely incredible too. Check out the video below: