Chris Brochu Is The Vampire Diaries' First Gay Character
By Stacy Lambe
When it was announced that The Vampire Diaries was finally casting its first gay character, the Internet went into a frenzy about finally having a studly vampire to fantasize over. (OK, not that they all weren't lusting over Ian Somerhalder already.)
Now the show has finally made good on that promise. According to E! Online, Chris Brochu has been added to the cast as "the fun and charming Luke." He will start attending Whitmore College in episode 16 and be around for an extended arc.
The actor is a relative newcomer who has appeared NCIS: LA, Hannah Montana and Zoey 101. Looks like he's finally moving into more adult territory with this CW series.
Depending on how things go, we may have to add Luke to our list of the most eligible TV bachelors.
The Vampire Diaries returns to the CW on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 8 pm EST.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- When Black Lesbians Are Killed by Black Men
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling