Quote of the Day: Chris Pine on Working With Lindsay Lohan
By Stacy Lambe
[Photo: Nino Muñoz for Out]
In the latest issue of The Hollywood Reporter, Chris Pine remembers the time he worked with Lindsay Lohan on the set of the 2006 flop, Just My Luck. It was one of Pine's first major roles and for Lohan, it earned the 18-year-old star a $7.5 million paycheck, her biggest following the success of Mean Girls and Herbie: Fully Loaded.
Ultimately the film became a bigger deal than it was because of antics surrounding Lohan.
"It was a real cyclone of insanity, like being around The Beatles," Pine says of filming. "It was fascinating to watch, and in hindsight it's really a distinct moment in someone's life when you see what's really wonderful about what we get to do and what's really dangerous about it."
While Lohan took a dive towards crazy town, Pine embarked on a steady climb toward fame and popularity. He followed the flop with small hits like Smokin Aces and Carriers and eventually the Star Trek franchise. Now he's taking on Jack Ryan in the reboot of the Tom Clancy series (Jan. 17) and will woo Anna Kendrick in Into The Woods (Dec. 25).
Not too bad for a guy who once was the object of Lohan's failed affections.
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Qs: Billy Eichner Wants to Marry Meryl Streep and Get Down With Judi Dench
- EXCLUSIVE: Elton John Performing Benny and the Jets During Concert Film Million Dollar Piano