Austin Scarlett Wants You to #ShareTheMattress
By Jesse Steinbach
Photo by Whitney Browne
Project Runway Season 1 fave Austin Scarlett turns his bed into a catwalk in this week's installment of the new video series #ShareTheMattress. Directed by acclaimed choreographer Larry Keigwin, #ShareTheMattress features well-known creative artists dancing and playing on their beds in tribute to the 10th anniversary of KEIGWIN + COMPANY dance troupe and its first smash hit, 2003’s “Mattress Suite.” Last week, Keigwin and his 2003 collaborator Nicole Wolcott launched the series with a pajama party of their own.
In this video, Scarlett sports black and white polka-dot pjs and works his mattress. Using a blanket and sheets as a canvas, Scarlett slides, slinks, twirls and poses like a supermodel. He even wields a robe like a toreador.
Scarlett is the second of 10 #ShareTheMattress videos that will roll out through October. Viewers are encouraged to make and share their own videos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube with the hashtag #ShareTheMattress. Also, KEIGWIN + COMPANY’s 10th Anniversary season runs October 29-November 3 at New York City’s Joyce Theater, and “Mattress Suite” will be featured.
Watch Scarlett below and get ready for a slumber party with rising indie music star Tobey Lightman on September 24.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know