Choreographer Larry Keigwin Invites You to #SharetheMattress
By Jerry Portwood
Photo by Whitney Brown
Ready to feel like a kid again? For the 10th anniversary of his best-known work, "Mattress Suite," choreographer Larry Keigwin has cooked up a way to let others join in the fun. He's released the first of his 10 #SharetheMattress promo videos—this one shows Keigwin and his original 2003 collaborator, Nicole Wolcott, bouncing and playing on her bed—that will include well-known creative people playing in their own beds.
For those not familiar with the original, it all began after Keigwin noticed Wolcott playfully jumping on her bed. They then dragged her mattress onto the floor, developed choreography inspired by Wolcott’s moves, and created a narrative that blossomed into a full-fledged work set to popular songs and classical music.
This is all in preparation for the KEIGWIN + COMPANY 10th anniversary season to take place October 29-November 3 at The Joyce in New York City.
Others are encouraged to make and share their own videos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube with the hashtag #ShareTheMattress. KEIGWIN + COMPANY will feature submitted videos on its website. Get ready for next week's #SharetheMattress video, which will feature designer (and Project Runway Season 1 favorite) Austin Scarlett.
Watch Larry Keigwin and Nicole Wolcott below:
READER COMMENTS (
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Olympic Diver Tom Daley Comes Out
- A Shirtless Michael J. Willett Performs Stripped Down Cover of Natasha Bedingfield