Lady Gaga Promises a ‘Telephone’ Sequel And 5 Other Things You Need To Know Today
By Alex Panisch
1. Lady Gaga’s confirmed that there will be a sequel to her Thelma & Louise inspired “Telephone” video. The NME reports that in an interview on Kiss FM in the UK, Mother Monster assured listeners that a sequel is surely coming. She said that she would again be working with Jonas Akerlund, who directed “Paparazzi” and “Telephone.” No word on if Beyonce will be making an appearance, oh so help me if she doesn’t.
2. Chris Brown went on a twitter rant against the ”racist ass” L.A. County district attorney—who happens to be an African-American woman—for making him redo his community service. TMZ reports that a judge ordered Brown to do 1,000 hours of community service after it was discovered that brown submitted fake community service reports for the hours he was ordered to serve after he beat his then girlfriend Rihanna. If you’re feeling pain in your skull right about now, you’ve probably pulled something from giving the side-eye so hard.
3. The first gay couple to register to marry in Uruguay has wed. According to Pinknews, Sergio Miranda and Rodrigo Bora tied the knot yesterday in a ceremony that had more members of the press in attendance than members of the family. They are technically the second gay couple to marry in Uruguay, as the first were a couple in their 60s, one of whom is terminally ill, that was given a wavier to marry on August 5, the day the law took effect.
4. Kanye revealed a photo of North West on Kris Kardashian’s talk show. The kid’s pretty cute.
5. The Associated Press reports that Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed an order banning all “gatherings, rallies, demonstrations, marches and pickets” in Sochi for the two and a half months around the 2014 Olympic games. This is after the International Olympic Committee received a letter from Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Kozak defending Russia’s anti-gay laws, but promising that Russia will abide by the Olympic Charter’s provision against discrimination.
6. Our August cover boy, Robbie Rogers, appeared on Chelsea Lately and talked about coming out on Facebook, locker-room culture, and the Russian Olympic boycott.
Check out the video below:
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Meet RuPaul's Drag Race's New, Bulgier Pit Crew
- 10 Gayest Moments in 6 Episodes of 'Teen Wolf'