Takei & Trump
By Andrew Villagomez
George Takei spilled on Facebook about his lunch date yesterday, Dec. 4, with Donald Trump at the Trump Tower Grill in New York. "It was a lively and engaging hour-long conversation that touched upon his personal position on marriage equality. He confided that he recently attended a same-sex wedding and that he'd found it 'beautiful'...I remarked that NY is now a marriage-equality state, and that after all, marriage is better for business! Minds are changing across America, and I am always ready to speak to those ready to listen. I hope that my chat with The Don might have some effect on his stance on the subject."
Oh my, maybe there is hope for Trump.
Then Trump tweeted today about his meet up with Takei, only saying, "[George Takei] is doing really well and soon coming to Broadway." Trump is talking about Takei's starring role in the musical Allegiance, an epic story of love, family, and heroism during the Japanese-American WWII internments. Allegiance premiered in San Diego earlier this fall, and makes its Broadway debut in 2013.
If you can't wait to see Mr. Sulu in New York, catch him tonight at Midtown Comics for a signing of the latest issue of Archie Comics' Kevin Kellar series, which revolves around George and his advocacy.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The 10 Most Influential Gay Fashion Bloggers
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Next Year in Kampala? America’s LGBT rights industry goes global