Cate Blanchett Is About to Get Wicked
By Jeremy Kinser
Something wicked is about to come Cate Blanchett's way in the form of a juicy role in Disney's reboot of Cinderella. Deadline reports the Oscar-winner, who has memorably portrayed Katharine Hepburn and Queen Elizabeth I, will soon add another iconic role to her illustrious resume when she takes on the wicked stepmother Lady Tremaine, tormentor of Cinderella, in a live action take on the classic glass slipper tale. Mark Romanek, who helmed 2010's adaptation of Never Let Me Go will direct a screenplay by Chris Wietz (About a Boy). Blanchett will next be seen reprising her role as Galadriel in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which opens December 14.
- Beyoncé Liberated
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling