What Does It Take to Win a Clooney Date?
By Out.com Editors
We know that George Clooney is in the top five for many people, even those in committed relationships (you know who you are). So what does it take to spend time with the swoon-worthy star? Well, The Hollywood Reporter clued us in that you can get a lunch date with Clooney for a benefit for the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLSEN), an organization which keeps schools safe for LGBT students across the country.
The lunch "experience," which also includes intimate time with entertainment writer Dave Karger, will take place at the Soho House in West Hollywood and is valued at $20,000. So if you have deep pockets (or have a movie project to spin), then it's probably really worth—for the children of course. You can bid through Oct. 11 on the auction site Charitybuzz.
Clooney is a longtime ally to the LGBT community. During an interview with The Advocate in February to promote his appearance in the play 8, the actor spoke about why he's so passionate about the issue of marriage equality. "One day the marriage equality fight will look as archaic as George Wallace standing on the University of Alabama steps keeping James Hood from attending college because he was black," he said. "People will be embarrassed to have been on the wrong side."
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'