French Politician Ready to Pounce on Madonna, Her Dad Asks for $1 Million in Apology
By Diego James
According to Agence France Presse, Madonna performed her song "Nobody Knows Me" in front of a giant screen in Tel Aviv, Israel, briefly showing Marine Le Pen -- or rather, Le Pen's forehead -- with a white swastika between her eyes, ostensibly comparing her to a Nazi and Adolf Hitler. She has threatended legal action.
Le Pen, who was a candidate in the recent French presidential election, is the daughter of Jean-Marie Le Pen, and he, according to THR, urged that his daughter “ask Madame Madonna -- and everyone who organized her international show -- for $1 million.”
In some ways that reminds us of the moment in Austin Powers when Dr. Evil demands a random mill as ransom for not blowing up the world. I mean, don't they know that Lourdes probably spends more on her clothes allowance in a year?
They also took a dig at the 54-year-old pop singer when Marine said: “We understand how old singers who need to get people talking about them go to such extremes." Wow. Catfight!
The faces of other global political and religious figures, including Pope Benedict, Sarah Palin and Hu Jintao, also appear in the video. Watch it below:
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath