Girl Gone Wild: Madonna Launches New Tour
By Peter Frost
The Queen of pop has risen! Madonna kicked off her MDNA Tour last night in Israel and, as you would expect, it was quite the production. According to ABC News, it was filled with guns, batons, and pom-poms, the show opened with a bang, with Madonna smashing her way onto the stage before murdering, praying, and, yes, performing fan favorites including "Vogue," "Like a Virgin," and "Open Your Heart" alongside songs from her most recent album, MDNA.
Never one to shy away from controversy, Madonna included a video interlude of song "Nobody Knows Me" that featured her donning a burka, swastika, and appearing alongside weapons of mass destruction. However, the Material Girl did take a second to preach to her choir of adoring fans about world peace, saying, “If we can rise above our egos and our titles and the names of our countries and our religion around us with dignity and respect, then we are on the road to peace.”
The tour will trek through Europe beginning in June before it heads across the pond to North America starting in September. Check out footage of the opening number below!
READER COMMENTS (
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters