Gay Airman Randy Phillips Cycles for HIV/AIDS Charity
By Alex Panisch
Randy Phillips became an Internet phenomenon when he famously came out to his father on youtube the day “don’t ask, don’t tell” was repelled. The video garnered over 5 million views and made Phillips an inspiration and, we'll say it, web icon. Wanting to put his newly earned celebrity to good use, Phillips is participating in the 11th annual AIDS/LifeCycle.
The airman is cycling 545 miles from San Fransisco to Los Angeles to raise money for HIV/AIDS. You can support Randy’s ride by donating here. The trip only lasts until June 9, so get to it. Here's Randy's video sharing his experience with AIDS/LifeCycle and urging others of his generation to talk about AIDS.
Watch the video below.
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- James Franco's Hardcore Interior. Leather Bar Hits Cinemas
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models