Gay Airman Randy Phillips Cycles for HIV/AIDS Charity
By Alex Panisch
Randy Phillips became an Internet phenomenon when he famously came out to his father on youtube the day “don’t ask, don’t tell” was repelled. The video garnered over 5 million views and made Phillips an inspiration and, we'll say it, web icon. Wanting to put his newly earned celebrity to good use, Phillips is participating in the 11th annual AIDS/LifeCycle.
The airman is cycling 545 miles from San Fransisco to Los Angeles to raise money for HIV/AIDS. You can support Randy’s ride by donating here. The trip only lasts until June 9, so get to it. Here's Randy's video sharing his experience with AIDS/LifeCycle and urging others of his generation to talk about AIDS.
Watch the video below.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series