Bill O'Reilly Criticizes 'Glee' for Transgendered Teen Storyline
By Evan Lambert
The world would be a pretty boring place without at least one pearl of wisdom from Bill O'Reilly every week. Just last Thursday, the pundit blasted Glee for including a storyline about a transgendered teen named Wade (The Glee Project's Alex Newell.)
“Here's the problem with a show like this, though,” O’Reilly said on last Thursday's The O’Reilly Factor. “If you make the behavior of these people...if children hear it, unsupervised children, okay who don't have parents watching their -- they might go out and experiment with this stuff."
HOLD THE PHONE. So our BFF Bill thinks that Glee is going to cause a cross-dressing epidemic? Let's just think about this for a second.
I mean, the main problem is that O'Reilly has assumed kids actually want to emulate what they see on Glee. Like, does he really think that little boys look at Will Schuester and say, "Wow, I want his life when I'm older?" Or that little girls see Rachel Berry and think, "OMG I want that granny-sweater that she's wearing?"
Like, that just doesn't happen.
Also, didn't Bill just make a big deal about defending the right of transgender beauty queen Jenna Talackova to compete in the Miss Universe Canada pageant? Or was that just another guy that looked like Bill?
Dude needs to get it together. The end.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan