Channing Tatum Strips on 'Saturday Night Live'
By Out.com Editors
Channing Tatum took to the 30 Rock stage Saturday night to do the honors as host of Saturday Night Live. And while he was ostensibly promoting his romantic dramedy The Vow, out this week, what viewers got seemed more in line with the much anticipated (at least by us) Magic Mike, the male stripper flick that won’t be out until the summer.
Tatum spent as much time as possible with his shirt off, from a sketch that found him playing a half-naked Matthew McConaughey, beating on some strategically placed bongo drums to his opening monologue that featured some temperature-raising dance moves and enthusiastic shirt removal.
Of course, Tatum is playing on his endlessly discussed stint as a stripper, a yearlong career blip before he made it as an actor. While we’re reluctant to make light of sex work or go too gaga over the idea of Tatum bumping and grinding to make his rent, it’s undeniable that watching him show off some of his old moves makes for pretty great TV. Check it out yourself below.
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula