Chris Myers Resigns Thanks To Unflattering Photo
By Jon Roth
Chris Myers, the Republican mayor of Medford, New Jersey, resigned from his post this week, explaining, “My work commitments will not allow me to devote the time that is needed in the months ahead.” We're not sure what he's working at, since he was put on administrative leave by his former employer, Lockheed Martin.
Myers has been in the center of controversy since early October, when an anonymous website, purportedly run by a male escort, posted photos of Myers lounging in his Calvins, as well as shots of his wallet, including his mayoral ID. The escort claimed Myers coughed up the $500 agreed upon, but failed to deliver on other gifts, like a new car. (Also, this escort is more clueless than Myers if he really thought a new Ferrari would be speeding his way any time soon.)
The former mayor decided it would be best to "pass the baton and allow others to take the reins," and will instead be spending time with his family and friends, "enjoying the next chapter of his life." Which we hope includes either a family reconciliation, or more trustworthy escorts.
- Guillermo Díaz Suits Up
- Warwick Rowers: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- R Kelly: I’ve Met My Match In Lady Gaga
- Trailer Park: Kit Harington, Kellan Lutz, and Sullivan Stapleton
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS