Chris Myers Resigns Thanks To Unflattering Photo
By Jon Roth
Chris Myers, the Republican mayor of Medford, New Jersey, resigned from his post this week, explaining, “My work commitments will not allow me to devote the time that is needed in the months ahead.” We're not sure what he's working at, since he was put on administrative leave by his former employer, Lockheed Martin.
Myers has been in the center of controversy since early October, when an anonymous website, purportedly run by a male escort, posted photos of Myers lounging in his Calvins, as well as shots of his wallet, including his mayoral ID. The escort claimed Myers coughed up the $500 agreed upon, but failed to deliver on other gifts, like a new car. (Also, this escort is more clueless than Myers if he really thought a new Ferrari would be speeding his way any time soon.)
The former mayor decided it would be best to "pass the baton and allow others to take the reins," and will instead be spending time with his family and friends, "enjoying the next chapter of his life." Which we hope includes either a family reconciliation, or more trustworthy escorts.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series