Catching Up With Cazwell
By Noah Michelson
I'm not going to beat around your bush: I love Cazwell. In fact, I have a picture of him hanging next to my computer so I can look at his piercing blue eyes whenever things get to be too much for me to handle around the office. And it's not just the eyes or his music -- it's his sleazy, dreamy, bad boy ways that get me, too. Sigh.
So, it goes without saying, I'm super juiced about the singer/rapper/DJ/however else you want to define him hosting here! TV's new music video show Boombox. Every episode features Caz sharing new videos -- which is no small feat since MTV has jettisoned its music programming in favor of teen moms and Snooki -- and even better, many of the clips showcase queer artists.
We recently lured Cazwell into the Out video studio to chat about why he wanted to host Boombox, his earliest music video memory, and why throwing a few mostly-naked go-go boys into a video is never a bad idea:
-- NOAH MICHELSON
Previously > Need To Know: Memory Tapes
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?
- The Before-and-After Pics of the Phony Duck Dynasty Clan
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto