WATCH: Sigur Ros Video Written by John Cameron Mitchell
By Jerry Portwood
We knew that Sigur Ros had a sense of humor. We've been enjoying all the strange and wonderful vids that have been released so far for its latest album, Valtari, including the one where Shia LaBeouf gets all naked and crazy. For its latest, Hedwig director John Cameron Mitchell has teamed up with cartoonist and animator Dash Shaw to create the six-minute narrative short film that incorporates two songs from the album.
As Mitchell explains: “Eight years ago I met Jonsi, the queer singer of Sigur Rós , and took him to his first drag show (Suppositori Spelling in SF). Jonsi says it remains his ‘best drag show.’ This year he asked me and 12 other filmmakers to be part of their Valtari Mystery Film Project. We were allowed do whatever we wanted with the music from their new album–no parameters but the small budget. I chose to do a six-minute narrative short focussing on a character from Shell Game, an animated feature I’m producing with director Dash Shaw, an amazing graphic novelist who did comic book art for my film Rabbit Hole. Seraph is the superqueer result using two songs from the new album.”
Watch the video below.
READER COMMENTS (
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series