Elton John Called Madonna a “Fairground Stripper”
By Alex Panisch
In a recent interview with Australian music personality Molly Meldrum, Sir Elton John lambasted the Material Girl, calling her tour a "disaster," and she “a nightmare” and a “cunt.” He goes on to laud the talents of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rihanna, remarking that “If Madonna had any common sense, she would have made a record like Ray Of Light and stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and make great pop records, which she does brilliantly.” He added that she now looks like “a fairground stripper.”
The interview isn’t all slagging off Madge (skip to the 7:20 mark for that); Elton talks about his relationship with his father, his own family, and looks back over his prolific and storied career. He and his partner are also considering having another child.
This feud came to a head when Madonna’s song “Masterpiece” from W.E. beat out Joan and Gaga’s duet from Gnomeo & Juliet at the Golden Globes this year. It’s hard to say if Madonna will respond or retaliate, but considering how she’s gone after French politician Marine Le Pen, she might not take this lying down.
Check out the interview below
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It