WATCH: Xavier Dolan Explain 'Laurence Anyways'
By Jerry Portwood
When we interviewed (hot) 24-year-old filmmaker Xavier Dolan earlier this year about his latest auteur creation, Laurence Anyways, starring (hottie) Melvil Poupaud as a trans woman, he explained that he not only wrote and directed, he also styled its costumes and obsessed over the paint color on the set’s walls. “The control of every detail is my guarantee of accessing the type of material I’m satisfied with,” he explained. “I was supposed to do this as my second film, but there was just no way -- I was not ready. I took four years to think about Laurence Anyways and plan every shot in my head. The trailer is literally, frame by frame, the trailer I cut in my head before I even wrote the script. All I had to do was walk the line straight to that trailer.”
The film opened this past weekend in select markets and Dolan explained a scene of the film for the New York Times. Want to know how much it means to him? Watch the clip below:
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- What Are Nathan Lane & Patti LuPone Really Like? Here's the Broadway Gossip!
- Olympic Diver Tom Daley Comes Out