WATCH: 'The Future of Flesh'
By Jerry Portwood
It's a week for unusual short film/video projects. While Madonna's #SecretProjectRevolution felt indulgent at 17 minutes, we are so entranced by the eerie images in the "Future of Flesh" we wished it lasted longer than its too-short 1 minute-plus.
Luke Gilford has crafted a disturbing short film—which feels like the video we WISH Haus of Gaga would have created next—that presents a future world that creeps out. All the ladies are covered in latex bodysuits, while displaying beautiful fashion and accessories from Prada's current Fall 2013 collection.
If you wondered what Jake Shears has been up to since Scissor Sisters went on indefinite hiatus, listen to this spooky original soundtrack. He also apparently got Jane Fonda to narrate. As she told T magazine: “When Jake asked me to collaborate on the video, I thought, For Jake, anything. He’s so out-of-this-world creative and cutting-edge, I knew it would be exciting. I was right. She went on to describe the project as “just wild and unique and Pedro Almodóvarish.”
Images from the shoot appear in Document Journal. Watch the short film below:
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series