The Bar, Examined
By Out.com Editors
For bar basics, stick with classics. but when it comes to accessories, by all means, experiment. here's a selection of our favorites.
Drink out of both sides of a universal tasting glass (Alberto's Vineyard for Alessi, $96 for two) -- one for whites and one for reds -- unless beer's your thing. Push down gently on the Pop-Up bottle cap opener (Alessi, $50) and open your Peroni with equal ease and style. Scotch on the rocks more your speed? Plan ahead by throwing some whisky stones (Teroforma, $20) in the freezer first and avoid diluting your single malt with melting ice. Or please a crowd by mixing some of your own signature cocktails. Go old-school on the veranda with the Alexis cocktail shaker (William Yeoward for the Conran Shop, $775), or take a decidedly more modern route with the Michael Graves shaker (Target, $20).
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection