The term the boys of summer doesnt apply only to baseball players (though were looking forward to seeing some of them get to home base as well). Summer means big movies and concerts and other outside sports. And it also means hot men involved in all of the aforementioned. So as May starts to give way to June, we take a look ahead to the men we think are going to heat things up this summer:
1) Jamie FoxxThe only reason we might check out the film version of Miami Vice is to check out Oscar winner and Billboard album chart-topper Foxx in action mode.
2) Tim McGrawTims twang always seduces us. And since hes touring with wife Faith Hill, we get diva + cowboy for the price of one.
3) Lucas Jones and Luke SnyderThese two fictional gay boys wont be able to hook up, since one lives in Port Charles on General Hospital and the other in Oakdale on As the World Turns. But with school out, this is the time to catch up with the teen dreams on the soaps.
4) X Games SurfersSun, sea, and sexy guys. You get all three when you hit the surfing competitions at the Summer X Games.
5) The Pet Shop BoysOur favorite queer 80s duo is still going strong with their poetic lyrics and melancholy melodies. Their new album, Fundamental, is going to be one of the soundtracks to our summer.
6) Adrian GrenierSome of us may be going to see The Devil Wears Prada for Meryl Streep, or for Anne Hathaway, or even for the fashions. But those of us who cant get enough Entourage will be going for Adrian Grenier, who has a small role as Hathaways love interest. But, hey, a little Adrian Grenier is better than no Adrian Grenier. And it doesnt hurt that Entourage is back in full force starting this June too!
7) Flea and Anthony KiedisOld school rockers the Red Hot Chili Peppers are touring this summer, and this will give all of us a chance to check out how tight Anthony Kiedis and Flea still are. We should all look that hot at their age.
8) Stephen ColbertNothing sexier than a sense of humor, and Stephen Colberts been making us laugh for years. And after his skewering of Bush, were particularly jazzed about the film version of the cult TV series Strangers With Candy. If only he makes out with Paul Dinello again.
9) Douglas RobbAfter ruling the airwaves throughout summer 2004 with the ubiquitous The Reason, Hoobastank is back with the new album Every Man For Himself. So ideally well be seeing hot lead singer Douglas Robb all over MTV and up close and personal in concert.
10) Orlando BloomWe endured Elizabethtown and Troy just for Orlando. Luckily, he should be back on steadier cinematic ground with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest. As long as he runs around shirtless for a scene or two, it will be worth the admission price.