1. For a 20th anniversary compilation album, Rodney Jerkins is remaking a number of hit songs he has written and produced. "It's Not Right But It's Okay," originally by Whitney Houston, will get Sam Smith's British soul touch and Ariana Grande and Jessie J are set to tackle "The Boy Is Mine."
"Sam told me was the song that made him want to sing," Jerkins revealed in an interview. "When I asked him if he'd be a part of this project he was like, 'No one else can do that song but me!' Sam's the truth. He has a great heart and he's genuine." [Vibe]
UPDATE: Smith's management has denied his involvement at this time
2. Jennifer Lawrence said that she'll never get a Twitter account. She says she has enough trouble keeping up with email and the internet has scorned her too much. [EW]
3. Update: Tig Notaro's hospitalization was caused by internal bleeding from a ruptured cyst. [Laugh Spin]
4. A man testified that he "don't like mens no more," and that he was delivered from the grip of homosexuality at a religious convocation in St. Louis. His dramatic moment has gone viral, but his blazer and bowtie don't seem to agree with what he's saying. [Huffington Post]
5. Texas state senator Donna Campbell has proposed a new discriminatory bill that would allow business owners and services to deny LGBT customers based on religious beliefs. [Advocate]
6. The preview for the new season of Girls shows us how Hannah is adjusting to life in Iowa (spoiler: not well), and how the other main characters' messy lives are further complicated.