1. Russian President Valdimir Putin promised today that LGBTQ spectators and athletes will not be persecuted at the Sochi Olympic games. The USA Today reports that while speaking at a meeting with the leaders of Russian winter sports federations—which IOC President Thomas Bach attended—Putin made a statement saying that Sochi will be tolerant. "On my own and on your behalf, I have assured Mr. President (Bach) that we will do our best, and our athletes and fans will do their best too, so that both participants and guests feel themselves comfortable at Sochi Olympics regardless of their ethnicity, race or sexual orientation," Putin said. "I would like to underline that." And If you believe that, I’ve got some swamp land in Florida I’d like to sell you.
2. Not sure what to be this Halloween? Put it off until the last minute? Don’t worry because College Humor has you covered with their "7 Costumes To Really Scare Twenty-Somethings." All of these will scare a millennial half to death (as a card carrying millennial, I can vouch for that), but most will frighten people who have owned a pager and older.
3. ABC will broadcast the gayest holiday special since A Charlie Brown Christmas (you could cut the sexual tension between Peppermint Patty and Marcy with a knife). According to Variety, the “Lady Gaga & the Muppets’ Holiday Spectacular” will feature Sir Elton John, RuPaul, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Plus, Gaga will perform some songs from her forthcoming ARTPOP.
4. Looks like you’re forgo the Jelly Bellys when you’re handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. The Advocate reports that Herman Rowland Sr., the chairman of the board at Jelly Belly, gave $5,000 to Privacy for All Students, a group whose mission is to repeal Assembly Bill 1266. Bill 1266 guarantees all California transgender students equal access to bathrooms, locker rooms, sport teams and other gender-segregated facilities at school. Guess you’re gonna have to find a more gay-friendly candy to give out, or do what I do and buy a bunch of airplane-sized bottles of Absolut, tie some black and orange ribbons on them, drink them all yourself, and teach the neighborhood kids the valuable lesson of cooping with disappointment.
5. Elvira, Mistress of the Dark and Rupual went for a drive and the results were rather enlightening. For instance, if you’re gonna be Elvira for Halloween, the boobs are key. Everything thing else you can half-ass but make sure you’ve got a spectacular rack. Check out the video below for more pro tips.
6. Check out our November coverboy Josh Hutcherson in the trailer for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The movie opens in theaters November 22.