Photo of Justin Bieber via Twitter
1. Justin Bieber got naked and played the guitar for his grandmother and TMZ got the photos. Yeah, you can't make this stuff up. Turns out the pipsqueak popstar spent Thanksgiving (that's Canadian Thanksgiving, which is in October) at his nan's house. Apparently the Biebs overslept and this miffed Grandma Bieber so, to apologize, he got into his birthday suit and serenaded her while somebody took photos. Before you recoil in horror at the thought of a grown-ish man-boy being naked around his grandmama, consider this a possible instance of cultural difference. In Canada, the milk is sold in bags, the health care is free, and it's apparently acceptable to flash your grandmother--especially if it involves maple syrup (yum!).
2. Anybody's who's taken a spin on a hook-up app or dating site knows that the word "masculine" is used quite elastically and liberally. Photographer Chad States examined what it is to be "masculine" in his photo series Masculinities and the results are, shall we say, telling. The artist found his models, who all self-identify as "masculine," through Craigslist and so the series features a very motley group of men. Yeah, let's go with "motley." Check out the series on States' website. Warning some photos are NSFW. [H/T Flavorwire]
3. California Governor Jerry Brown has signed into law a history-making transgender students' rights bill today. The bill allows transgender kids and teens to use whichever bathroom and participate on whichever sports team matches their gender identity. The bill aids kids in all public California K-12 schools and is the first law of its kind.
4. Vocabulary lesson. "Pyrrhic victory": noun. "A victory that is offset by staggering losses." Example: Though the judge threw out the racial discrimination lawsuit filed against Paula Deen, the suit still managed to destroy her carrier. TMZ reports that the judge threw out the plaintiff Lisa Jackson's suit because Jackson is white and therefore Deen's abhorrent slurs were of no legal consequence. Does that not sit right with anybody else?
5. Adele might make her acting debut. According to the NME, the songstress and most-played artist when you're post-break up is set to appear as a villain in Matthew Vaughn's upcoming The Secret Service. This comes on the heels of news that Elton John is up for a cameo and is supposedly going to be in a huge fight scene with Samuel L. Jackson, Mark Hamill, and Ridley Scott.
6. Glee's Lea Michele gave a tearful tribute to her late boyfriend Cory Monteith and the Teen Choice Awards last night. Check out the E! clip below: