1. The California Supreme Court rejected an anti-gay request to stay same-sex marriages in the Golden State. The homophobes, however, promise to keep fighting, because beating a dead horse is what they do. Meanwhile, on a related note, that "ex-gay pride" event in Washington DC has been canceled because apparently the world discriminates against people who discriminate against themselves. "Due to some anti-ex-gay extremism," begins the explanatory note at the hateful Voice of the Voiceless website.
3. New Mexico State. Rep. Brian Egolf's law firm will not collect payment for a lawsuit it filed challenging the state's de facto ban on marriage equality.
4. Marriage equality again passed England's House of Lords, meaning that Queen Elizabeth may sign it into law by the end of this week.
5. Depending on who you ask, The Eiffel Tower was either transformed into a flashing rainbow on Bastille Day to celebrate marriage equality or was turned into a rainbow to celebrate Nelson Mandela. Either way, there was a rainbow and it looked nice.
6. Calvin Harris's new music video, for the excellent song "Thinking About You," is not work friendly because it has lady breasts. But, again, the song is excellent and features the singer Ayar Mahar.