1. In addition to saying he would repeal his support of an immigration reform bill if it allows binational gay couples the same rights as straight people -- "I'm done [if that happens]," he said -- conservative Republican Senator Marco Rubio also says that he does not support any form of Employment Non-Discrimination for LGBT people: "By and large I think all Americans should be protected but I'm not for any special protections based on orientation," he told ThinkProgress in the above video.
2. Meanwhile, as the White House prepares for a gay pride event this evening, openly gay members of Congress are pushing President Obama to finally make good on past promises and sign an executive order prohibiting federal contractors from discriminating against LGBT employees. Because clearly that Hillary Clinton send-up wasn't enough to get the ball rolling again.
3. The Instituto Superior De Psicologia Aplicada in Portugal surveyed gay men and found that online communications can help form and establish sexual identities, but that it also has the opposite effect for others. From the report's abstract: "Results suggest that many men perceived both sexual and non-sexual self-changes, such as a greater acceptance of their sexuality, the exploration of new sexual possibilities, more assertive communication styles and, for a few, the occurrence of an excessive online behavior and diminished emotional availability towards others."
4. It has been 75-years since Mussolini's Fascist government in Italy rounded up gay men and sent them into exile on the small island of San Domino, where they lived in massive dormitories and were under police guard until World War II began and they were scattered across the country, locked down in homes, seminaries, and other forms of "sexual deviant" prison.
5. Josh Thomson, the 5th ranked lightweight fighter in the UFC league, claims that marriage equality "opens the gateway" to bestiality and incest. Charming.
6. You still have to wait until March of 2014 to be reunited with the hot, shirtless, dirty, and sweaty Spartans in Zack Synder's 300 sequel, 300: Rise of an Empire, but here's a trailer to help you cope:
Be sure to follow Out on your favorite social platform
DON'T MISS THE OUT100 SPECIAL 3 DAY MARATHON STARTING NOVEMBER 24TH!
Journey through the year’s influential Out100 – the most iconic and long-standing celebration of LGBTQ+ icons and allies – in a 1-hour television special spotlighting the LGBTQ+ people shaping the world today.