Why gays love female foursomes on TV:
1) The women of The Golden Girls, Sex and the City,Designing Women, and Desperate Housewives are really just queens in disguise.
2) Four is the perfect number to stand in for all our secret selvesthe man-lover (Blanche, Samantha, Suzanne, Gabrielle), the goody-goody (Rose, Charlotte, Charlene, Bree), the sensible one (Dorothy, Carrie, Julia, Lynette), and the wisecracker (Sophia, Miranda, Mary Jo, Susan).
3) Womanly quartets remind us of life in our summer-share houses.
4) The characters make perfect group-drag Halloween costumes.
5) The characters candidly compare notes on their mens sexual prowess.
6) Four people obsessed with fashion, food, men, and talking about sex with no kids aroundwhats gayer than that?