The election is nipping at our heels, and its time to rally, people. As a motivator, we have come up with a few reasons why its important to vote. The list does take a couple of things for granted: 1) that you can vote; and 2) that you are a Democrat (or at least leaning toward voting for John Kerry). If you dont fall into either of those categories, well, maybe you should just move on.
1) You get that cute sticker that says I voted!
2) Perhaps as you are entering the voting booth, a total hottie will walk in at the same time. You will bump elbows and instantly fall in love. Hey, it could happen.
3) The idea of a Supreme Court with new members appointed by Bush is about as appealing as having a root canal with no novocainethat lasts for the rest of your life.
4) Really, wouldnt it be more fun to hear Jay Leno, Jon Stewart, and David Letterman make jokes about a president whos a Democrat?
5) In the counties that still use punch cards, you can keep the chads and use them as confetti at a later date.
6) Any amendment made to the Constitution should give people equal rights, not take them away.
7) It will give you an excuse to wear red, white, and blue clothing and not get laughed at. Oh, who are we kidding? Well laugh anyway.
8) Its just too cold in Canada, and we doubt theyd give us all citizenship.
9) Do you really want to hear how awful America is every time you leave the country? Trust us, it gets old.
10) Its your right.
Be sure to follow Out on your favorite social platform
DON'T MISS THE OUT100 SPECIAL 3 DAY MARATHON STARTING NOVEMBER 24TH!
Journey through the year’s influential Out100 – the most iconic and long-standing celebration of LGBTQ+ icons and allies – in a 1-hour television special spotlighting the LGBTQ+ people shaping the world today.