Power List 2013: MARTHA NELSON
By Out.com Editors
Editor in Chief, Time Inc., 60
The founding editor of InStyle, Nelson has steadily risen up the chain of the publishing company founded by Henry Luce and Briton Hadden. Despite the turmoil Time Warner undergoes as it reshapes itself and the big losses Time Inc. continues to report, Nelson became just the seventh editor in chief in the company’s 90-year history and the first woman. Although circulation has declined, Nelson oversees immensely popular and venerable titles -- People, InStyle, Sports Illustrated, Time, Fortune -- that continue to reach millions of Americans and are clear market leaders.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters