A Gay Arab Hero
By Out.com Editors
1. Salvation Army, author Abdellah Taia's autobiographical novel-to-film about growing up poor and gay in Morocco, is receiving rave reviews from critics at the Venice Film Festival. Taia, of course, created a sensation in Morocco back in 2006, when he was the first famous Moroccan to come out of the closet. We've included a clip of Salvation Army above; it's believed to be the first Arab-made movie with a gay protagonist.
2. The Senate Foreign Relations Committee voted to let President Obama go forward with limited engagement to prevent the Syrian government from using chemical weapons against its people. The House of Representatives will most likely follow suit.
3. Fox News Radio reporter Todd Starnes says businesses should be allowed to discriminate against "militant homosexuals."
4. Hillary Clinton will receive the Elton John Foundation's inaugural Founders Award for her work for marriage equality.
5. The fall television schedule is far less gay than last year's.
6. Tom Hiddleston, Loki from The Avengers movies, discusses self-control with Cookie Monster.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series