WATCH: Wes Anderson's Short Film for Prada
By Jesse Steinbach
Prada has teamed up with director Wes Anderson on Castello Cavalcanti, an eight-minute short film that's quite... spaghettiful.
It's no surprise that Miuccia Prada, the most highbrow of fashion designers, decided to work with an auteurist: Last year, she collaborated with Roman Polanski on A Therapy, which featured Helena Bonham-Carter and Ben Kinglsey.
Castello Cavalcanti stars Anderson's muse Jason Schwartzman, who crashes into a statue of Jesus Christ while racing around 1950s Italy. Sporting slicked back hair and a Prada race car jacket, he finds himself stranded in a small town left untouched by time.
Nostalgic and cinematic, Castello Cavalcanti is a genre-cross between epic family reunion and grandiose folk tale about fate.
Watch the film below:
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know