Trending: High-Tops 3.0
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Koji Yano
Designers love subjecting wardrobe classics to the wildest experiments for the sake of innovation. In their research labs this season: high-tops. Revamped from laces to sole -- with 3-D effects, technical fabrics, and patterns like camo and animal print -- these neo-sneakers are hardly fit for the gym, though they’re sure to make a splash on the streets. Big names like Jimmy Choo and Pierre Hardy have already come up with their own lines of cutting-edge kicks, and they’re set to repeat the exercise this fall. Get yours now, but no need to run: Practice your walk instead.
Clockwise from top left: Metallic sneakers by Adidas SLVR, $195; camouflage printed pony sneakers by Jimmy Choo, $895; leather sneakers by Calvin Klein Collection, $409; neon orange sneakers by Pierre Hardy, $555; leopard printed high-top sneakers by Topman, $120
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- Listen to 'The Sound Of Music Live' Soundtrack