The Essential List Of 'Let It Go' Covers
By Alex Panisch
There are two certainties for Sunday’s Oscars: nobody’s gonna shut the hell up about Lupita Nyong’o and Disney’s Frozen will win for Best Animated Film. People love this movie, and it’s not just people with kids. Everybody who’s seen this thing is totally in the tank. The major take away is “Let It Go,” a song whose message of accepting yourself has gained tons of traction in the gay community. Everyone from news anchors to drag queens—mostly drag queens—have been performing the showstopper and we’ve collected the most memorable renditions for your listening pleasure.
1. Bob Herzog, a traffic reporter at a Cincinatti local news station, has become a viral sensation with his winter commute themed take on the track, “Just Don’t Go.” Who knew that a traffic reporter had such amazing pipes and who knew you could screw around so much at a local news station…okay we kinda figured the second one.
2. Drag queen Dixie Lynn Carwright shows just what you can do with heart, a green screen, and some iMovie magic.
3. Former Disney teen queen Demi Lovato has jumped on the “Let It Go” cover bandwagon…er…sleigh. The song surely has some resonance for the anti-bullying activist; as a teen Lavato was harassed in school so severely she choose to get home-schooled.
4. Not a musical theater gay? We won’t hold it against you. If you happen to have a classical bent, definitely check out The Piano Guy’s rendition. The mashed it up with the winter concerto from Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons.
5. If “Let It Go” as sung by Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Mr. Freeze doesn’t make you giggle uncontrollably, your heart is a frozen block of ice. It’s almost as bad as Batman & Robin, but—unlike the film—this is so bad it’s good.
6. The “Will You Help Me Hide A Body” parody reminds us all that you can’t spell “slaughter” without “laughter.”
7. If you don’t love unnecessary censorship, I don’t want to know you.
8. Frozen stars Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff, and Josh Gad sing about how the film was made…well actually they don’t. They don’t really sing about anything. This is actually just a total waste of time, but it is delightful.