Looking GIF-cap: When At Folsom Street Fair...
By Stacy Lambe
[Image: HBO/John P. Johnson]
This week on Looking, things took a turn toward the kinky when the Folsom Street Fair returned to San Francisco and brought along a bunch of bad decisions. Sadly for fans, those bad decisions were not leather-related. Instead, Patrick, Agustin and Dom let Folsom serve as a backdrop to the complications the new boys of last week brought with them.
First up in bad decision-making: Patrick.
1) Even though it's a Saturday, Patrick opts to spend his time with Kevin. Patrick may have to score some brownie points with his boss after putting his foot in his mouth, but the alone time is not what these two need.
2) Patrick toes the lines of an appropriate working relationship with his boss, flirting with and subtly smiting Kevin at the same time. (Listen, we like Kevin but it's clear that Patrick is becoming googly eyed.)
3) After getting ditched by Kevin, Patrick ditches work for Folsom, ditches his shirt for a leather vest** and then gets caught by his boss. Oops.
Now for the Agustin. Clearly infatuated by CJ, Agustin is now on a mission to tempt fate in the name of art.
4) Even though he's a vegetarian, Agustin braves meat in order to impress CJ.
5) When Agustin proposes to film CJ in the act of hooking, CJ counters with $220/hour. A steep fee for artistic prestige.
6) CJ offers to fuck Agustin and get it over with but the bearded artist chooses pride over his savings account. Oh, and Agustin doesn't tell Frank that he's paying CJ for his "art."
Finally, there's Dom. He looks to Lynn for advice and comfort but clearly doesn't not know which he exactly wants.
7) After meeting Lynn in a bathhouse, Dom invites him on the purgatory of dating, a lunch date. (It's Scott Bakula, he deserves better than that!)
8) Even though Lynn prods Dom to clarify if it's a business meeting or a date, Dom opts for business meeting and then later suggests a date.
9) Dom is letting his fear of 40 dictate his every move, from rushing his dream plan to open a restaurant and confusing business and possible pleasure with Lynn. The progress he showed last week seems to taken a backseat to insecurities.
**The vest was probably the only smart decision of the entire episode.
Let's hope for better decisions next week.
READER COMMENTS (
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Quote of the Day: Josh Hutcherson Describes His Sexuality
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary