Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriages In Utah
1. The SCOTUS has stepped in and stopped all same-sex marriages in Utah. According to The Advocate, the state’s attorney general and governer appealed to the supreme court after a Utah federal judge ruled the state’s ban on same-sex marriage was unconstitutional. The governor and atterny general argued that a stay on same-sex marriages is need because there is still a chance the case could come before the supreme court. Nearly 1,000 couples have already been married in the state.
2. Mother Of The Year Madonna instagramed a picture of her 13-year-old son holding a bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin and now the internet is all up in arms. Oh come on, if you think taking a photo of your kid holding a bottle of mommy’s special sauce is the height of dysfunction, I envy the perfect sitcom household you came from.
3. Canadian synth-funk duo Chromeo just released “Come Alive,” their latest track which has the added bonus of featuring chill wave artist Toro Y Moi. It’s an excellent anthem for all you overworked working gurls out there.
4. The Spice Girls have been offered £25mil (roughly $41,039,000) to perform for a series of shows in Las Vegas. There’s only one catch: It’s a package deal and they need to get Victoria “Posh” Beckham onboard. VB officially quit the group last march. A bunch of Vegas venues want to cash in on the group’s 20th anniversary and could potentially earn “$100 million worth of PR in a few weeks” for hosting the Girl Power group. So basically, all Posh needs to do is to pretend to like her "coworkers" for a few weeks and she wins a couple million dollars; her life is so hard you guys.
5. Need more of your Downton Abbey fix? We thought so. ICYMI, here’s Funny Or Die’s “Tough Justice.” “Tough Justice,” if it were to exist—and please somebody start a Kickstarter to make it happen—would star Michelle Dockery (aka Lady Mary) as hardboiled Chicago cop, Connie Tough. Along with her partner played by The Sheild’s Michael Chiklis she'd keep the streets of Chi-town safe…if she can’t stop being Lady Mary for like a hot second. Oh and the narrator? That’s John Hamm.
6. The Ab Fab movie is happening! For real! Jennifer Saunders confirmed it this weekend on ITV’s “The Jonathan Ross Show.” Here’s your reason for getting up in the morning for 2014. Yes, Sweetie Darling, YES!