Catching Fire's Alan Ritchson Opens Up About His Underwear Modeling Past
By Stacy Lambe
Ahead of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire premiere, Alan Ritchson (Blue Mountain State, Smallville) has opened up about his modeling past, which included stripping down for brands such as N2N. Ritchson, who plays Gloss, a tribute from District 1, is clearly trying to move on from his underwear days but we couldn't help but take a look back on the past.
In an interview with The Backlot, Ritchson discussed the challenges of changing people's perceptions on who he is as an actor in the industry:
But he's not ashamed of his past life:
And if Ritchson was still a model, we'd probably get more pictures like this:
Even though he's trying to move on from his modeling days, he still knows how to poke fun at himself. Ritchson revealed to E! how he'd be okay with a thong costume, if Catching Fire director Francis Lawrence demanded he wear one:
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is in theaters now.
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- The Shame List: Bethann Hardison, Naomi Campbell & Iman Call Out Racism at Fashion Week
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto