1. No this isn’t The Onion, somebody nominated Vladimir Putin for the Nobel Peace Prize. According to The Independent, The International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation of Peoples of the World, which is an activist group on the list of groups who can make Nobel nominations, cited Putin’s involvement in preventing a US airstrike in Syria after it was discovered that the Syrian regime had used chemical weapons on its own people as the reason they believed he should win the prize for the person who best “actively promotes settlement of all conflicts arising on the planet.” Their letter of nomination did not mention Putin violent campaign against separatists Chechnya, the war he started in Georgia, or his fulmination and support of homophobia in Russia. His competition is stiff, as only person more likely to win the prize is literally anyone else.
2. Britney phoned it in for her “Work Bitch” video. Britney may espouse the rewards and virtues of hard work in her song (okay, so it’s mostly the rewards), but she doesn’t break a sweat. The people who are really putting their backs into it are the backup dancers and whoever is in charage of the product-placement. Britney, darling, take your own advice.
3. Speaking of people who needed to “work bitch,” the guy who did the Auto-Tune for Paris Hilton’s upcoming single was probably pulling double shifts and working weekends. “Good Time,” which features Lil Wayne because, hey, who said money couldn’t buy talent, is due out on October 8. Neither Hilton nor Lil Wayne have given reason for why the decided to collaborate, but if I had to guess it would be because Paris Hilton is an aging fame-whore desperate to stay relevant, even if as a joke, and as for Wayne, well...work is work. Here's the link to the teaser video.
4. The coroner’s report on Cory Monteith’s death was obtained by TMZ. The gossip site claims that the coroner listed Monteith’s cause of death as “mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol.” Two empty bottles of champagne, a “spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle” were all found at the scene of Cory’s death.
5. One of our favorite photags, Ryan McGinley, shot one of our favorite actors, Dane DeHaanm, for V Man and it’s fabulous!
6. When Miley released her video for “Wrecking Ball,” I was concerned. I’m not a doctor, but I still think rubbing your vag on heavy machinery is a bad idea. You’ll get tetanus or steel herpes, or something. This video shows that College Humor shares some of my concerns: