10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
By Stacy Lambe
Isis King, Designer/Model
King, one of 2012's Out 100, was first seen as a contestant on America's Next Top Model. Following the show, she modeled for Seventeen, Swerv and became American Apparel's first transgender model. She furthered her presence in the fashion world with her own line and even dipped her toes into the acting world with a role in Hello Forever.
Harmony Santana, Actress
Santana is an actress most notable for her role in Gun Hill Road. The film earned her critical acclaim and a nomination for Best Supporting Actress at the 2011 Independent Spirit Awards. Santana became the first out trans actor (depicting a trans person) to be nominated for a major award.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- HBO to Debut Ryan Murphy's The Normal Heart on May 25
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film