10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
By Stacy Lambe
Isis King, Designer/Model
King, one of 2012's Out 100, was first seen as a contestant on America's Next Top Model. Following the show, she modeled for Seventeen, Swerv and became American Apparel's first transgender model. She furthered her presence in the fashion world with her own line and even dipped her toes into the acting world with a role in Hello Forever.
Harmony Santana, Actress
Santana is an actress most notable for her role in Gun Hill Road. The film earned her critical acclaim and a nomination for Best Supporting Actress at the 2011 Independent Spirit Awards. Santana became the first out trans actor (depicting a trans person) to be nominated for a major award.
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- 10 Queer Producers Making Waves In Hollywood
- Throwback Thursday: Alan Cumming Exposes Himself on the Cover
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- The 10 Most Influential Gay Fashion Bloggers