Quote of the Day: Aubrey Plaza on Faking an Orgasm
By Chloe Fitzpatrick
Parks and Recreation star and Out girlfriend Aubrey Plaza discussed one true challenge of being a Hollywood starlet in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly (available on newsstands but not yet online).
Her new comedy The To Do List, in theaters July 26, features Plaza playing what she considers her first "really sincere" character, Brandy Clark, a recent high school grad with a transcript full of A's and zero sexual experiences to her name. With the help of her friends Alia Shawkat and Sarah Steele, slacker boss Bill Hader, and older sister Rachel Bilson, Brandy takes a no-nonsense approach to losing her virginity before college.
Plaza puts herself through numorous uncomfortable postitions in the film, including pretending to masturbate wearing only a Hillary Clinton T-shirt in front of a full film crew. "All the scenes where there's a lot of heavy breathing that comes out of me-that's a nightmare," she explains. "It's just awkward to pretend that you're having an orgasm. That sucks."
Check out the trailer for The To Do List below:
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- 10 Qs: Billy Eichner Wants to Marry Meryl Streep and Get Down With Judi Dench
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem