Now Single, Jonathan Groff Turns To HBO
By Out.com Editors
1. Jonathan Groff and Zachary Quinto have broken up, which means Groff has more time to focus on his roles in the television adaptation of Larry Kramer's The Normal Heart and a forthcoming dramedy about gay men. Both shows will air on HBO. As for the latter, unnamed and set to premiere next year, Groff says, "The show hopefully will express all facets of gay life. There's lots of people who have anonymous sex. There's also people looking for love. There's people looking for an open relationship. There are also the queens. There are those you wouldn't know were gay. It's the gay experience."
2. Netflix shows House of Cards, Arrested Development, and Hemlock Grove broke new ground by becoming the first online shows to be nominated for Emmy Awards.
3. Detroit has declared Chapter 9 bankruptcy, making it the largest U.S. city to do so.
5. This isn't as scary as it sounds: "Satanists Perform ‘Gay Ritual’ at Westboro Gravesite."
6. Seattle Mayoral Candidate Ed Murray walks with his fiance in new campaign ad.