Why Can’t Spider-Man Be Into Boys?
By Diego James
Andrew Garfield, is joking, but he's also kinda serious, according to his recent convo with producer Matt Tolmach about Mary Jane or “MJ” to fans. As EW explains, Garfield said:
"I was kind of joking, but kind of not joking about MJ. And I was like, ‘What if MJ is a dude?’ Why can’t we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality? It’s hardly even groundbreaking!… So why can’t he be gay? Why can’t he be into boys?”
Are the gay geek and fanboy heads exploding? As for a male love interest for the bulgey web-slinger? Garfield even has an idea for that too: “I’ve been obsessed with Michael B. Jordan since The Wire," Garfield said. "He’s so charismatic and talented. It’d be even better — we’d have interracial bisexuality!”
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection