Watch: President Obama Calls, Congratulates Prop 8 Plaintiffs
By Andrew Belonsky
You have never seen anything like this: a sitting president calling gay and lesbian couples to congratulate them from coming out on top over discrimination and hate. That's precisely what happened this morning, when President Obama, aboard Air Force One for his ongoing tour of Africa, called HRC's Chad Griffen so he could talk to Kris Perry and Sandy Stier and Paul Katami and Jeff Zarillo, plaintiffs from the Proposition 8 case.
"We're proud of you guys and we're glad for California," said President Obama. "You guys should be proud... Through your courage, you've helped out a whole lot of people everywhere."
Of course, there's still work to be done, as Griffin notes in the video.
- Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Zachary Quinto Models For Mr Porter
- Elton John Criticized 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Year of Penny: VH1 to Re-Air 'Happy Endings'